Mini Shepard’s Pie
* Shepard’s Babies *
A creative and fun spin on Shepard’s Pie. Simple, quick, and of course- baked mini size in a muffin pan.
Prep & Cook Time: 35 minutes, Cost $20
Bakeware Needed: 2 Muffin/Cupcake Pans, Cupcake Liners, Over, Covered Pan, Stovetop
Ingredients Needed for 20 Shepard’s Babies:
- One packet of Frozen Vegetables (publix brand used- Steam in Bag, 12oz, Mixed Vegetables)
- One packet of Shredded Cheese (publix brand used- Colby Jack Shredded Cheese, 8 oz)
- 2 Cans of Butter-me-not Biscuits (publix brand used- Butter-me-not Biscuits, 10 count)
- Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Concentrated Soup (Campbell’s brand used)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Simply Potatoes brand used- refrigerated section at Publix)
- Ground Turkey (Plainville Farms- purchased from Publix, 16oz)
How to make Shepard’s Babies:
Cut open meat and drop into pan- temperature on medium. Turn over on to 350 degrees.
After five minutes of cooking in pan, drain the excess cooking juice from the meat.
Be careful as to not spill the meat into the sink like I did.
After draining, return meat to the stove on LOW temperature. Scoop 3 spoonfuls (half can) of the cream of mushroom into the pan and mix with meat. Let vegetables sit in microwave while you mix.
Remove from heat burner- mix in 3/4 the bag of vegetables. Save the other 1/4 to the side for later.
Cover the pan and take it off the hot burner.
Scoop a spoonful of the meat and vegetable mixture into each biscuit lined cup. Scoop it almost full and then sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top of each one of your Shephard babies.
Wondering what to do with the 2 leftover biscuits and leftover mashed potatoes, cheese & veggies?
Simply bake the remaining 2 biscuits, and mix the remaining cheese and vegetables into the mashed potato container with the remaining mashed potatoes.